By: Jessica Sager
Let's face it, the bride does most of the planning for the wedding. The groom absolutely weighs in on most decisions, but generally the bride is the one who dreams up all the possible ideas for color schemes, music to be played and the decor for ceremony and reception. One element of the wedding that really is up to the groom is what he will wear!
Here are 5 tips to picking the perfect tuxedo or suit for your 2014 wedding from Len Brown from Collars n' Cuffs, a men's formal clothing store located on Market Street in Wilmington, Delaware. For more information about Collars ‘n Cuffs please visit http://collarsncuffsonline.com/.
1. Compliment your Bride – It is so important to choose the right color vest, tie or bowtie, and pocket square to compliment your Bride. Len highly recommends that if your bride is wearing an ivory gown, he should pair his tuxedo with an ivory vest, tie and pocket square. “When the Groom takes off his jacket at the reception, he will be just as eye catching as his bride with the ivory vest. Everyone in the room will be able to spot him.”
2. Choose the best style for your body type – “In the 2014 season, the leading style is the very fitted tuxedo. The best and only way to find out which tuxedo style is best for you is to come in, show me what styles you lean towards and try them on.”
3. Color of the Tuxedo depends on the Season – “When you choose a tuxedo other than the classic black, you really have to think about the season. “Let’s say you are getting married in the spring and you are leaning towards a grey tuxedo. Your choices are to either go with heather grey or a darker charcoal grey. Heather grey is the perfect choice for a spring or summer wedding, while charcoal tuxedos are more of an autumn or winter wedding choice.”
4. Suit vs. Tuxedo – “Most people choose to go with the tuxedo, but there are still a few grooms who prefer the suit. This choice highly depends on the venue, the bride’s gown, and the bridal party’s dresses. If the wedding is more formal or the bridal party has long dresses, the groom and groomsmen should absolutely choose a tuxedo. Suits are popular for the smaller more casual weddings or even destination weddings.”
5. So what’s the Price? – “Your wedding will probably be the most expensive event you ever put together. Why wouldn’t you make sure the Groom has the perfect look for his wedding day. We work really hard to make sure we help the groom not only find the look he wants but the price that works for them as well.” Collars ‘n Cuffs offers a tuxedo package for the men in the wedding that includes everything they need for that day except socks and underwear. The groom’s tuxedo is free when 5 or more of the groomsmen rent their tuxedos with Collars ‘n Cuffs!