Does that mean we can't celebrate and embrace the joy of the season? Not at all. Instead, it's a way for us to become even more creative and resourceful. Necessity is the mother of invention so we can draw from the vast wealth of imagination and ingenuity that is within and make the holiday just as special as ever!
Here are a few ideas that might spark some clever gift-giving genius within:
1. From the kitchen of... Do you love to cook or bake? Do you have a favorite, family recipe? Then making your own culinary creations may be a warm and welcome gift for your friends and loved ones this year?
2. Scrapbooking saavy--Do you love to scrapbook? Then perhaps a framed scrapbook page or memory frame would be bring back memories and become a treasured keepsake.
3. Books. A trip to a local bookstore or website can find great books to bundle up with cocoa and a mug to be enjoyed on the cold, wintery days ahead.
4. Theme baskets. This is a trip to the dollar store to make up a spa basket, gardener's basket, pet lover's basket or chocolate lover's basket.
5. Creative coupons. You can make or print out coupons that entitle the owner to anything from a month off from laundry, free babysitting to be redeemed anytime, dinner and a movie or anything you can think up to let those you love know you care.
Wishing you and yours warm wishes this holiday season!
Donna and Pat